Monday, October 17, 2005

Express Yourself With Color


Color Wheel
Originally uploaded by spatola84.
I would have to admit that I do not use color to my advantage when picking out an outfit. I am very traditional and wear a lot of black, grey, white, and green. I don't know why... I just always tend to go towards them... I mean I own about 20 black tank tops. You just can't go wrong! I found an article written by a guy named Rick Valens called Fashion Tips: Express Yourself With Colors. Here are a few tips he suggests about colored clothing!


  • White: Worn well with most colors, considered summery, associated with cleanliness, purity, and innocence. Women always look lovely in their white wedding gowns, don't they?

  • Black: Always in style and never out of trend; professional and elegant, makes you appear slimmer, goes with basically any color, great for pants!

  • Red: Expressive color used a lot in fashion; visible and lively; creates attraction and excitement; use red with other colors in its family, like maroona and pink.

  • Yellow: Used in casual fashion, creates a fun mood, pair yellow with dark colors to creat a youthful look.

  • Blue: Color worn by most, soothing and relaxing; good choice for daytime wear; match with white for a sporty look.

  • Pink: Very feminine, pleasent to the eyes, attracts men's attention when worn by women, add a touch of pink to a black dress, such as a hot pink purse!

My Biggest Tip: Remember your own style, it is what you will feel the most comfortable in and attractive! Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home